Saturday, August 20, 2005

the other side

Well, the garden is beautiful, but I did promise to live by house rules. Which means that today has been designated as "Clean Your Room Day" by the powers that be. And lo, my room is clean. It's not so bad, really. I'm almost tempted to take down my blinds and figure out what the devil is wrong with them, just to round it off as a strictly domestic morning.

But there is fresh cheese bread in the kitchen, and the grapevines and the plum tree are loaded with small, tangy fruit unlike any I've ever gotten from a grocery store. The plums are red and heart-shaped. The grapes are tiny and green and sweet.

In another few days, I'll be reduced to regaling you with the weather report. There's that little going on right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home