Sunday, March 27, 2005

parentheses

The cake was a success. It browned, but it wasn't ruined. That was fortunate, since Chrissie made a pork roast and saffron rice and Amanda (Jon's friend) made an excellent salad, featuring asparagus. I love asparagus. The non-ruined cake meant that I didn't look like a slacker cook. We had the variation with the coconut (highly recommended) and without any Peeps (could not bring myself to buy any until it was too late. Who spends money on those suckers?)

It was a lovely evening. Chrissie did my hair. Jon was late. I got to see Lizzie's engagement ring. (Note to self: must get dress for wedding.) We sang Happy Birthday to Gwyn and Jen, separately. Both times, we sounded really good until the third line, when we all kind of did our own thing. It's a proud family tradition.

1 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

Of course it's an Apple. It's just like the current laptop, only it's a G4 and the screen works, so I don't have to have this hideous monitor sitting on my desk.

28 March, 2005 09:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home