Friday, July 08, 2005

back in town

Oh, man, it's been a long week. I left Geneva at exactly 5:36 on Tuesday morning (those Swiss trains run on time) and traveled seven thousand miles in the next three days, culminating in an orgy of dental work and tetanus shots on Thursday before work. You should have seen me stagger through the motions that night.

I know, I know. You're all so sorry for me, what with the European vacation and all.

Also new and interesting this week: the long-awaited job has actually contacted me with a start date, although my clearance is not yet finished. And, as we know, that means that anything can still happen. I don't believe in this job until my first paycheck is in my hand.

Tomorrow is my last day, except for those days I might work, just out of the goodness of my heart, at the beginning of August. (Separation anxiety. I know you're not surprised.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home