Wednesday, March 30, 2005

later today

The laptop is beautiful, but it still needs files transferred, updates downloaded, preferences reset, and battery calibrated. It seems like a lot of work. But then, everything seems like a lot of work to me today.

I spent the morning trying to find the top-secret FedEx location, and the entire experience left me prepared to rend Directory Assistance apart with my bare hands. I was also feeling a little hostile towards other drivers, automated phone systems, the wind, streets that curve (we're in Utah, where streets aren't supposed to curve), the city planners responsible for creating a town called North Salt Lake that is not actually in Salt Lake County, and smiling people. I would have run over Thumper the rabbit if the opportunity had presented itself. Annoying little rodent.

I'm mostly better now. I don't think rabbits are really rodents, either. These scientists don't seem to think so, and they use lots of equations with mu and therefore must be trustworthy.

My new shiny computer was worth the 45 min of tracking and backtracking in the least salubrious parts of the valley. Unfortunately, I couldn't bring it to work, so I'm right back to unbridled irritation with anyone who tries to talk to me. I must be coming down with something. I've gotten quite a few of the "Wow, you look as tired as I feel," and "Are you sick?" comments. My favorite was, "My goodness, you have huge bags under your eyes." I have decided to use a healing mantra to regain inner peace. And that mantra is I'm moving out of state.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzanne, I love you! How I will miss you when you move. It's heather by the way. I havent actually gotten around to creating my own blog because I dont feel I have much interesting to say hence no screen name to include but I don't think she was meaning the bags comment. AND did you catch LouAnn winking at me during the entire meeting? Hmmm.

30 March, 2005 21:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I will miss you too! Really because I probably won't be seeing you any more at work. I feel like I have been ran over for the last time by "chunky spice" and I'm done. If I come into work tomorrow or friday it will be a miracle. I have enjoyed working with you, and I intend to keep in contact. I want the rest of your book! I NEED to know how Bella survives, and the wonderful problems with the Cavallie PD. I really hope that you feel better and I will call you soon. Good luck with a start date! I hope that it will be soon! Thanks for being a great friend!

31 March, 2005 00:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i work for fedex and just want to say that...just kidding, it's sharon. i will also miss you when you move. you'd better have no fun there so you miss all of us terribly. i hear they have the bubonic plague in NM. are you sure you want to go there :)?

31 March, 2005 09:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home