Thursday, July 21, 2005

employment: not too bad

At ‘work’, ‘working.’ Small child is drawing heart patterns and telling me in a solemn voice that books are better than movies. They’re so easy to indoctrinate at this age! I’m eating artisan bread from the farmer’s market and waiting until 10, when we’ll go down to see Eddie and play on the trampoline. We will hit the pool around noon, and after the pool comes naptime.

It was suggested to me last night that I should look into working at a dentist’s office. While the pay is better, let’s compare: lounge by the pool v. put hands in people’s mouths. Let me think.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

I love you

21 July, 2005 12:39  
Blogger sophie said...

Of course you do. I do Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

21 July, 2005 21:10  
Blogger Marie said...

Feeding a pack of lies to a 6-year-old. Shameful. What do you know of high-quality movies, Ms. I'll-Pass-On-The-Scorcese-Let's-Watch-Sandra-Bullock?

But I agree with you on the dentistry thing. Dentistry is a rare example in American society of those who make a lot of money having to do truly unpleasant things. Dentists and proctologists.

24 July, 2005 00:16  
Blogger Bennu said...

I have been blogging for a short time and looking at other's blogs. I like your blog and your thoughts... yeah I would vote for the pool vs hands in people's mouths.. plus you will get some really gems from the mouth of the babe you are watching...

Bennu

25 July, 2005 11:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home