Monday, August 29, 2005

news, big and little

So, given that New Orleans is already a dozen feet under sea level and drops every year, and that they may not be able to suck the water out of it for months, why has living there seemed like a good idea?

On to news of less national importance: I've been sick, but now I'm mostly better. I slept for thirty-three hours. I recommend that for anyone. Poor Anastacia had to do my Sunday School lesson and run FHE all by herself. She deserves a medal. I will give her ice cream novelties instead.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

Poor Suzy. I'm sorry you've been sick. If there were any more banana cream pie left, i'd offer it to you as a restorative, but as of two minutes ago, there isn't.

29 August, 2005 17:02  
Blogger sophie said...

You can't imagine how I've missed it. Sigh. Nothing has come close.

BTW, must read Turkish Gambit and Leviathan after you (finally) finish Winter Queen; they're in the library, they're excellent, and I ordered book 4 from Britain, since it's not out in the US yet. And if you want, I'll send it to you.

30 August, 2005 11:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home