Tuesday, April 12, 2005

happy birthday to me

I'm blogging remotely today. (Interpretation: I'll post this when I schelp over to the library to check my bank balance, but right now I don't want to find parking.) I spent the weekend enjoying quality family time and ignoring the ms. Now I'm blogging in order to put off the moment when I start really reading what I last edited. You notice I've found a way to waste time even without DSL?

Since it is my 27th birthday, I have to get work done in order to set a good precedent for the remainder of the year. It's my own special kind of superstition. I should probably go to the gym as well. I did have Thai green curry for breakfast, so that's covered: lots of lemongrass in my future. And my apartment is clean, thanks to a backbreaking Friday spent trying to eradicate the marks seven months' neglect has left on the carpets and shower tiles. This was, of course, because my mother stayed here over the weekend. She knows I'm a slob. I'm constantly complaining about it. But I don't want her to have to confront the incontrovertable proof.

So the birthday goal is to finish rewriting chapter 9. Tomorrow I will polish it and do chapter 10. Hah. I have to say, it's unlikely I'll get half that far. For some reason, these (very strong) chapters have depressingly weak writing. I've spent hours so far on the first 1000 words, trying to remove anything that smacks of "foul fiend"-quality cliche.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home