Thursday, May 26, 2005

family time

We have the fiance's family here. They're a bunch of fun and entertaining people, and they make it very hard for us to do the final pre-wedding scrubdown. This is good news for those of us who are naturally lazy, but rather stressful for my mother. She'll be up until midnight. My sister gets her hair done at 06:00. I'm feeling sympathy fatigue.

On other gossipy family notes, my sister Gwyn seems to be getting along with the fiance's brother. I'm sure she'd say that it's based on their mutual love of cross-country running. So I won't imply otherwise.

I spent the day traveling like a Dutchman. We've driven almost 500 miles in my car since I arrived on Sunday night, and I expect that we'll be well over 650 before I leave. And when I say "we," I mean my mother. She's a nervous passenger, so she drives when we go places together. Yes, even though it's my (brand new) car. I don't mind. She's very apologetic, and I get a lot of guilt Diet Cokes out of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home