Friday, May 20, 2005

the real work

Chapter 14 is coming along nicely, thank you. I may add kissing for Christie's benefit. (I do make occasional personalized versions; Grandmother's omitted any and all swearing, and Alden's featured a couple named Steve and Ann. He knows why.) It is moving slowly, though. It may end up slower still, since I was notified today that my laptop battery is a fire hazard and is being recalled.

Next week should be productive, if I can get some good sitting-by-the-fountain time. There is, of course, The Wedding to consider. I will be pressed into service in the mad rush to get everything ready by next Friday. I still need to lose fifteen pounds and find something to wear, too. I have the skirt. The trouble is finding a white shirt that doesn't make me look fat, matronly, or too informal. (Much as I liked it, the teeshirt silkscreened with Marilyn Monroe's face won't do.) The diet is much easier. If I stop eating entirely for the week, and maybe chop off a foot, making weight should be no problem.

I miss my family. I'll be home in two days, and it seems way too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home