Saturday, May 21, 2005

hi, weekend

The populace has finally realized it's the weekend. They're partying. We're busy. It's a nice night to cause trouble, warm and clear. Although the liquor store isn't open again until Monday.

The crochety old people have also realized this. They've pulled out the phone books and called us en masse, insisting that music be turned off, guests return home, and blessed silence descend on their neighborhoods. I'd have more sympathy if they weren't so demanding. I have to explain that the cops turn their attention to the people with drugs and knives first. The people with subwoofers are somewhat further down on the list.

I also had the very unpleasant experience of looking at a 9-1-1 screen this evening and realizing I knew the people calling. I hate that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home