Friday, May 13, 2005

relief from an unexpected quarter

There isn't much at work that I dislike more than our quarterly meetings. They always seem to dissolve into snarky and poorly refereed quarrels between coworkers. We seldom get anything done, and there is always a person or two so offended or upset that the supervisors have to spend a few hours after the meeting smoothing ruffled feathers. And the treats are lame.

But yesterday, we had Hersheys kisses with almonds (the only good kind) and the upshot of the senior meeting was that I would be moved back to night shift. You can only imagine my badly-concealed glee. I actually have mixed feelings about the shift. I like being home in the evenings. I like being home in the mornings better, though, and I work much better when I write early. And the only way I'll ever be eligible to stay home morning and evening is to sell the book, so the sooner I do it, the better.

My plans have reshifted. Maybe I shouldn't dignify them with the title "plans." They're more like "vague ideas." The vague idea of the moment is to go to Switzerland at the end of June to see my niece and nephew and new addition. Yay! More vague ideas will doubtless be forthcoming in the next few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home