Tuesday, November 15, 2005

happy birthday, ves!

Yes, it's that day again: when the blonde sister chalks up another year in the old mortal coil, when she gets hugs and presents from local family and virtual hugs and really bad renditions of "Happy Birthday" from family abroad. (Abroad = not there.) I remember when little Vessie was born, a really tiny wispy thing whose intense gaze was the only thing that seemed to keep her from fading away like mist in the morning. She had a pair of lungs on her, too, that one. Hasn't changed.

See you in exactly a week, kidling!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

I *like* the, uh, traditional family singing. Actually, i witnessed an even more interesting rendition--one of the French professors sang "happy birthday" to me in Portuguese. And it was very well-done, too. But still, very random.

We'll be there in four days! It's my birthday present to ME! I'm *so* happy!:) I honestly can't wait to come home.

18 November, 2005 05:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home