Tuesday, October 18, 2005

back to normal

Mom is home, and the house is once again a clean and welcoming place. And the food is much better--you'd think I could heat up soup properly, but I lack the magic touch.

Effect gave me a lovely pedicure on Saturday night, while we watched Pride and Prejudice. And no, don't all be checking your cheat sheets. Effect is the brother you think he is.

The job goes well, particularly the part of the job that allows me to shuffle around until noon before doing any real work. Pretty cool, that. And I'm not a slacker--I simply wake up slowly. I make up for it by working fairly late into the evening. I got stood up twice today, for major interviews, so I didn't end up talking to anyone. I wrote up testimonies instead, lying on my belly in front of the wood stove with a cool drink to my left. Ahhh. And they pay me.

Martin and Luther (the rats) are slowly learning their ratty names. Eventually, they will come when I call.

No writing yet. Check back later in the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home