Sunday, November 18, 2007

i should buy an alarm clock

Normal people have snooze buttons and clock radios. They wake up to the melodious voices of morning show DJs (shudder.) I wake up to ear flapping.

No, really.

Max the Dog has ears like the song: his ears hang low, they dangle to and fro, I could tie 'em in a knot and I could tie 'em in a bow. Actually, you may judge for yourself.



Every morning, around sunrise, Max stands outside my bedroom door and shakes his head vigorously until I wake up. If mere ear-flapping doesn't suffice, he will start whining. The first whines sound diffident, like a maiden aunt with a touch of the headache. They increase in volume and intensity if I don't get up.

Oddly, Max doesn't usually require anything: he doesn't need a bathroom break or a bowl of kibble. He just decides it's time for me to get up. Maybe he wants me to see the sunrise?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

If he's like James, he just wants company.

18 November, 2007 18:27  
Blogger Marie said...

That's so sweet! He doesn't want food or entertainment from you -- he just wants you! I want that dog in man form.

26 November, 2007 11:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home