Friday, December 01, 2006

out late

I just got home from Borders, where I spent a remarkably pleasant evening. My legs are sore again--yesterday I was barely able to move them, which may have had to do with the minor traffic accident. I discovered today (now that the ice has melted off) that the car's grille is also smushed. Total cost of repairs? $1200 and change. Fortunately, it will be someone else's change. I never thought I would enjoy not owning my car so much.



For Marie, I have included a shot of the Gillian-and-Johnny poster duo. I like them very much, although I am considering adding to my collection of old-timey musician paraphernalia.



What do you think? Ain't it great? And it isn't just pulled off the web, either; I saw this clock today and sneaked the photo.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Why do we even bother with cars? I'm starting to like the idea of non-ownership myself. If I hire on with your company, will you split your referral bonus with me? :)

The posters look really classy. Did you buy them together or do they just happen to match perfectly? Where did you find them? I'm not fond of the Elvis clock, however. I'm hoping that was a joke. Do you really like the King enough to display his tacky mug in your abode? Say it ain't so!

02 December, 2006 19:36  
Blogger sophie said...

The Elvis clock was definitely a joke. I saw it at the local car wash and was fascinated and horrified enough to snap it.

I'm actually enormously proud of the posters, which I bought separately and had professionally framed so that the slight difference in size is masked. I saw and loved the Gillian one, then remembered a similar style Johnny poster I'd seen, and scoured the web for a copy in the right size.

02 December, 2006 22:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if I said that I did like the Elvis clock?
-G

04 December, 2006 18:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home