Friday, April 29, 2005

tgif, for the rest of you

Myself, I work tomorrow. But I do like Fridays, because I don't have to leave the house by 5 am. After two days of that, waking up is no picnic. My alarm went off at 6:55 this morning. I jumped six feet, turned it off, and lay in bed wondering what happened. Had I gotten up earlier, left the house, been flattened by a cement mixer and returned to bed? Did I just forget that?

I got up and got into the shower, decided that the cement theory had merit, and went back to bed for half an hour. When my alarm went off again at 7:46, I called work and asked if I could be an hour late. They said I would have to bring in drinks. (There are things I love about my work.) I woke up at 8:45. I showered, dressed, and was only an hour and a half late.

I was just surprised by my first swing shift officer checking on. Hallelujah! Day shift are a bunch of lazy slobs. Or perhaps my attitude is coloring my judgment. It may not be coincidence that swing shift checks on at 3 pm or so, about the same time that I begin to perk up without benefit of chemical stimulant retailed by Atlanta-based Fortune 500 companies.

Only another hour and a half at work.

1 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

I'll drive down . . .

29 April, 2005 16:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home