Thursday, April 28, 2005

yoga

I should take up yoga. I should learn deep calming breath control. I should have kneecaps that rotate 30 degrees in each direction. I should become one with the sunrise, or the yoga mat, or something. You see, I need a way to detoxify my system. I realized today that if I put the money I spend on Diet Coke into a bank certificate of deposit, I'd retire with an extra $26,000.

I retire in 2045, so with that money, I should be able to afford myself a nice doughnut, maybe the kind with cream filling.

2 Comments:

Blogger sharonsfriendjen said...

I thought my day was dragging, and then you mentioned retirement isn't until 2045! Seriously 2045!?!? I thought making it to the year 2001 was a miracle! UGH!!!!

28 April, 2005 14:12  
Blogger sophie said...

2045. It's hideous. It's why I write books: perhaps someday I will hit the jackpot and get to retire while I'm not too old and creaky to appreciate it.

28 April, 2005 14:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home