Saturday, April 30, 2005

tgis

I was at work early this morning: 5:56 am. It was the first time this week, possibly the first time since I started working day shift. I'd like to say it was because I went to bed at a reasonable hour and woke up chipper and cheerful. No. It was because I went to bed at 11 pm so tired that I couldn't get to sleep for forty-five minutes and terrified that I'd miss the alarm. I woke up half a dozen times to check my clock and worry--I don't remember what about, although it wasn't work. It might have been car insurance or cancer or something. Lots of free-floating anxiety. Fortunately, I don't remember my dreams. I do remember that I woke up for the last time twenty minutes before my alarm and lay there, already tense.

There is not a lot that I hate more than dragging myself out of bed when I know I haven't slept enough. I hate looking into the bathroom mirror and seeing those papery undereye circles. Thank goodness it's the last day of my week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home