Saturday, May 28, 2005

over

So they're married. I have a brother-in-law. (My first.) I caught the bouquet, ripping it from my little sister Christin's hands. She managed to behead one of the roses. I told her that means she'll be the next one to have a steady boyfriend.

The wedding itself was lovely. Liz looked overjoyed, and Colin was so excited when he got to our house that morning, he was bouncing on the balls of his feet. They're a cute couple. We had the reception last night. All this running around was worth it--the food was excellent and the party was rockin' awesome, as Chrissie would say. There were floating candles, fourteen dozen roses, torches, barbecue, and massive amounts of whipping cream. The corsages etc were made by my mother's friends, and the cake by an acquaintance living uptown. I have decided that I'm spending the summer learning to make corsages and wedding cake. I need some useful Relief Society skills, and it's got to be easier than learning the organ.

Jon shaved his head today, in preparation for West Point. He leaves next week.

Joseph is packing for a week-long canoeing trip. He brought back his breakfast and lunch supplies this afternoon. He's packed instant oatmeal and applesauce for breakfast, and baggies of Lucky Charms and root beer for lunch. Thank goodness someone else is responsible for supper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home