Saturday, September 24, 2005

six months

Probably worth noting that yesterday was the six-month anniversary of the blog experience. I've posted 143 times since I began, averaging three days of four. And I still have nothing much to say!

More drunkeness and general chaos this evening, I gather. Cards and beer down the hall. This must be what normal college is like. Amazing. Meanwhile, I'm in my room, listening to banjo music, wishing I had my banjo here. I think this puts me in the running for "dorkiest person in Pennsylvania under thirty." Too bad. I've also spent a nice quiet morning polishing parts of the book. Everything is moving forward three years. (I know I'm the only person in the world with any clue when this book takes place. But I care, okay? That's my own special OCD brand of authorship.)

On a slightly related topic: Listening to Emmy Lou Harris, I notice that she can no more pronounce French than I can sing a high C.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

Wait. You have a banjo? Really? Have i seen it and just somehow managed to completely forget this?

25 September, 2005 16:52  
Blogger sophie said...

Uh, yes, dear. I've had it for nearly a year.

25 September, 2005 17:55  
Blogger Lizzie said...

No, you have to be joking. I'd remember something as bizarre as a banjo. I think. Maybe.

26 September, 2005 08:51  
Blogger sophie said...

Dead serious.

26 September, 2005 14:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home