Friday, September 23, 2005

smashed

My fellow-students went to the bar this evening and they are all somewhere between "intoxicated" and "unconscious." I went for dinner, watched the chaos for a while, and have returned to get ready for bed. They'll all roar back at two when the bar closes. I think someone has vodka and beer in his room, so this hall will sound like a moving frat party for an hour or two. Just as well I don't wake to noise.

I wish I'd spent the evening playing penny cards with 'Stacia, though. Drunk people are like their sober selves, minus a quarter of the wit and two-thirds of the good sense. Besides, my shirt smells like cigarette smoke.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

I bet you'd be a pretty clever drunk. I think you'd be pretty clever after a full frontal labotomy, in fact. Or you could at least still beat me at cards (though that's not saying a lot).

24 September, 2005 13:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home