Wednesday, February 01, 2006

back again

Sorry for the hiatus. Thanks to Ves for motivation to bring it to an end. I've had an eventful two months, what with Jon's marriage, and Christmas, and January. Oh, wait. Nothing happened in January. So I have no excuse, except a disinclination to bore you all to tears.

It seems less urgent to blog when I'm in the bosom of the family. Of course, the family is shrunk, and so a responsible sister would blog for her distant siblings. Now, though, I'm in North Carolina, close to Fort Bragg, until the end of February. My second-ever business travel! Dad rolls his eyes when I express this sort of feeling, but travel isn't old to me yet, and I am enjoying being back east. I'm doing top secret clearance work here. Not that the work is top secret. The clearances are. I hope that's clear? I like having a rental car and a meal allowance and a corporate credit card. I like the luxurious feeling that I don't have to get up until I actually want to (this may be unique to my kind of business travel, but it certainly is a perk.)

I bought a Palm thingie. (By "thingie," I mean "handheld organizer.") I finally realized that it would materially simplify my life, instead of just being another piece of hardware to haul around. I can't tell you how grown-up I feel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

I don't have class until 11 today, and so Peter and i slept in until 8. It was so nice. Luxurious, as you say...ahh.

Oh, to be out east--i just think it'd be fun to go back and dink around a bit out there, especially in the springtime. It's a nice, picturesque place to be driving about in--you should take pictures! Do a photo tour! Anastacia would be so proud!

01 February, 2006 09:12  
Blogger photogenic said...

Photo tour! Photo tour! Photo tour!

02 February, 2006 23:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home