Friday, February 03, 2006

honk if you love north carolina

People here honk all the time. It's always at me, too. I don't know how to take that. I suppose it's a reflection of my driving skills (or skilz), but I'm only marginally worse than usual. I'm just lost a lot. And people are genuinely rude--one guy behind me just kept on honking because he though I was going too slow. (I was driving at the speed limit.) He honked so much, I was worried that my car had caught fire or something. But no.

Yesterday was an exhausting experience. I did four loooong interviews (the longest took 4 hrs or so) and was gone from 7 am to 8 pm. It was no fun, and the hoarseness resulting from talking all day was much increased by a nagging sore throat. How come I have to get sick as soon as I come out here? It's not fair. By my last interview, talking was agony. I nearly cut it off at hour 2.5 or so, but I don't think it's kosher to come back later to finish. I soldiered on, and had a warm, martyrly glow when I was finished.

So today I'm going to type. I wish I weren't--I have plenty of stuff to do, and a lot of it is Mon-Fri only. But it would be disastrous if I ended up with a bad case of anything while on travel, so today is definitely a take-it-slow day.

Which means I may post again later.

'Stacia, I have no camera. You know that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Sorry you are down. Think "new allergens" and go get an antihistamine.

About the honking--I heard that in the South, people respond positively to instructions on courtesy. Southern manners and all that. It helps if you have a shotgun directed in their specific direction while delivering the lesson in courtesy.

Where is your nifty camera?

03 February, 2006 10:34  
Blogger Lizzie said...

I thought you had a little cigarette lighter camera. C'mon, that's better than nothing, right?

It sounds like you and i are coming down with the same sort of thing, even across the country....nice little sisterly connection we have going, huh?:)

04 February, 2006 10:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home