Monday, November 26, 2007

back to work

I am slow on Mondays. It's another of the myriad problems with the home office concept. After a delicious two (or four) days without obligation, I sit at my desk chair Monday morning and read advice columns, news, celebrity gossip and all my e-mail. I know I should be working, but I don't want to work. I'm not in that frame of mind.

This morning was better than usual, but still slow and dreamy. We can all blame turkey seditive, though. It was a lovely Thanksgiving--neither my mother nor I were exhausted, although we were both pretty tired by the time the meal was on the table. My house looked wonderful (even though I say so myself), primarily since I had Joseph come by and do all the difficult cleaning. The relatives were happy, and my self-consciousness melted like the vanilla ice cream next to the five pies I made.

Yes, five pies. For eight people. Guess what I've been eating this weekend?

5 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Mmmmm...pies. And you're a great cook, so I'm sure they were delish. You forgot to say what kinds of pies you made, though. Inquiring minds want to know. Fig? Chili Cream?

27 November, 2007 09:17  
Blogger Lizzie said...

All we had was pumpkin at our house, but we had two of those...and Colin ate one and a half of them. As for me, i consumed all of the stuffing and gravy, which makes me no better off than if i'd downed all the dessert myself.

27 November, 2007 13:32  
Blogger Lizzie said...

So i did call you back yesterday but when you didn't answer i figured you were up to your elbows in Anthropologie and having a marvelous time. And i didn't want to pull you away from that. I hope the experience was glorious.

14 December, 2007 22:25  
Blogger Marie said...

Hellooooo, You...time to post again....

Pictures of your Anthropologie loot?

Doggies?

Cat bullying coyotes?

20 February, 2008 12:53  
Blogger Gwyn said...

Suzanne, please post. I need work entertainment.
Love,
Gwyn

16 July, 2008 16:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home