Sunday, February 05, 2006

freezer

The rest of this state is unseasonably warm, but my hotel room was used to store meat in a previous life. (Pork Futures Warehouse, anyone? Points if you know what the heck I'm talking about.) Not being a troll, I don't think better at low temperatures. The heater is doing a terrible job of warming this place up, too.

I went to the local singles branch. There were twenty-two guys and eleven girls, probably the only singles organization in the Church with that sort of ratio. All the guys (awright, most of the guys) were scrawny and had shaved heads. The rest were built like linebackers, and one of them was wearing a West Point class ring. I would have asked if he knew Jonathan, but he looked dangerous. There was one young man in BDUs and another in a very nice suit with precisely the same color scheme. It was testimony meeting, and someone talked about "back in Jerusalem-time," which I thought was a nice regional expression/metaphor.

I had a marvelous piece of chocolate cake yesterday. There's another piece in my fridge now. Not like the fridge isn't a totally unnecessary piece of equipment in this room. Brr.

2 Comments:

Blogger photogenic said...

Sophie? I didn't realize that you changed your name. I guess I did and so I can't berate you too roundly. And I like Sophie and so I won't be berating you:) I love you, sweetheart!

07 February, 2006 18:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

muahahahahahahahaha
I do Know
it has beecold here too
I catn think a llow tempurtures and my deadlines are like sides of pork becoming real
-effect

17 March, 2006 13:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home