Saturday, September 17, 2005

happy birthday, dad!

Whoops. I fell asleep Thursday night at around seven, and didn't wake up until five on Friday morning. Clearly I've been shorting myself in the sleep department. The entire class here went out drinking last night. I went to bed. They did, too, around 3 a.m.--I know, because I heard them outside in the hall. Strange thing about drunk people. They all remind me of eight-grade earth science class. The same things are funny, and I feel just as much like an outsider. The big difference is that I get to feel healthy and superior when I wake up the next morning and go on a walk, instead of groaning in bed for hours.

Anyway, back to Dad's birthday: Happy Birthday! I love you! Your present will be in the mail as soon as I find a post office that's open before or after my workday.

There was a presenter in class yesterday with a thick western Pennsylvania accent. I had to get up and go to the bathroom to laugh after twenty minutes of it. All her l's turned into w's. While I can handle "Awright," I could not keep a straight face as we discussed "weaving our wog-on screen unattended." It was too reminiscent of Princess Bride.

We were instructed not to take more than eight hours on our homework this weekend. You may imagine my delight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home