Tuesday, November 28, 2006

awestruck

I don't think I've ever walked into Wal Mart and stood for a moment with my mouth gaping like a fish. This must be why I like Target: recently, I stopped for a pair of pie plates and was astonished by the huge banners hanging from the ceiling, cut like paper snowflakes with designs of reindeer and stars. My first thought was that I needed to finagle one from the Target people, my second was that surely it couldn't be too hard to make one of those. Right? Well, after this article in The Washington Post, I've decided against it. Still, you must check them out. Tell me whether I'm overreacting or whether you, too, are highly impressed. I am relieved to discover that the machinations of advertising I've fallen for are at least high-concept, and Target paid a bundle to a cutting-edge designer for the effect that knocked my socks off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home