Saturday, November 25, 2006

the end of the week

It's been a lovely holiday, if solitary. I didn't ever make the pumpkin chiffon pie--I was struck with a combination of laziness and asthma that made it entirely impractical. Instead, I made a real tart cherry pie, which I fed to Seth. I would also have fed it to Jen, but both are on a no-sugar kick, and, while he made an exception, I didn't push her.

We went to see Deja Vu yesterday night. I had exactly no idea whatsoever what I was going to be watching, as I realized when the title sequence began. No idea of the plot, the actors, the genre--nothing. What I get for ignoring the movie reviews, I guess. But I enjoyed it, nonetheless. The plot centers around an ATF agent trying to discover the responsible party in the terroristic bombing of a ferry in New Orleans on Mardi Gras. Being myself, my first reaction to the post-bombing scene (full of ambulances, police cars, and various helicopters) was to wonder how the devil the New Orleans Police Department would handle a mass casualty event of that magnitude on their busiest day of the year. Really, peeps, I shouldn't be allowed out. It just got worse, though--the main character was invited to become part of a task force analyzing a Technicolor 3-D sound-enabled mapping feed compiled from 4 satellite cameras, an impossibility so ludicrous to one who has seen Dad wrestling with Angelfire that it was a great relief when they revealed, a third of the way in, that it was in fact a one-way wormhole allowing the team to SEE INTO THE PAST. Since this was obviously much more likely, I was able to enjoy the rest of the movie without the howling of my internal critic.

And you all wonder why I don't watch movies much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home