Monday, November 27, 2006

dawn

As much as I complain about this time of day, I can handle dawn under certain specific conditions: it must be warm, there must be Diet Coke, and I must not have to talk to anyone. This morning meets all my requirements.

Outside, I can see the clouds scudding across the morning sky, dark gray against pale gray. In half an hour, the sun will be pouring through my east windows, but for now, the desk lamp is on. I'm on my second can of Diet Coke. I actually intend to start working in about ten minutes, but one of the advantages of early rising is the ability to sit quietly for half an hour.

Another, of course, is that I will be technically at work before 7 am, despite not having showered, dressed, or been forced to confront the part of the world unheated by my lovely heater.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

If God intended us to be up at dawn, he would have invented roosters. But it is common knowledge that roosters were created by Lucifer, the Son of the Morning, at the time of the Fall. We should resist this evil, and the commercial stimulants that cause otherwise good men and women to rise up at the unholy bugle call and march as Satan's zombie minions out into the cold, dimly lit world.

We must resist. Sleep on, brave warriors! Snooze for the cause of Goodness and Right.

28 November, 2006 00:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home