Saturday, November 18, 2006

insane bookseller

Hoo boy. Had a nice long nine-hour shift at Borders today and found myself in maniacal grin mode. I mean, books! People looking for books! Smells of books! Occasional smells of Lindor chocolate! And more books! Unbeatable. I was shocked at how much I enjoyed even the mundane cash register parts, and the hours where my only responsibilities were looking for books or recommending books--well, AND they pay me. What can I say?

The only fly in the ointment is the very uncomfortable legs, as I spent much of my day squatting to look at bottom shelves. Perhaps it will give me good quads, though. Perhaps it will be like going to the gym. It will save me the cost of the gym membership. It will be another great advantage to the job. People will look at me with envy and I will say, "My great legs come from a combination of good genes and bookselling." Then they will smack me, because, really, how obnoxious is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home