Sunday, September 18, 2005

diet coke breakthrough

I have discovered (everyone, hold your breath) that Diet Coke in a bottle tastes acceptably like fountain Diet Coke if left overnight at room temperature and served over ice! Don't let's see any eye-rolling here, folks. This will improve my quality of life enormously. No more getting dressed in the morning for my daily fix. Instead, I can sit around with a bunch of novels, unwashed and still in my pajamas, eating Cheerios from the box, until noon!

Hmm. Put that way, it may not be the magnificent idea it seemed like. Full disclosure: I am sitting here with my aged Diet Coke, eating Cheerios from the box, but I am fully dressed for church--eyeliner, even--and the Cheerios-from-the-box thing is only because I'm in a hotel room.

On other, non-addiction-related topics, my future sister-in-law has sent around info for bridesmaids dresses. And lo, they are pretty. I am excited. I also went shopping yesterday, picking up some patented BleedFreed work shoes with sensible heels. I hated to hand over money for them. To make myself feel better, I bought a $20 watch from the Fossil store. It has a red dial, which is of course irresistable. I am also harboring a secret, but the less said about it, the better. I can keep a secret for up to 48 hours, if I try really hard. I'm going to attempt to do better this time. Christmas is a long time away.

That was a hint. But only a very little one.

1 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

Unfortunately, the idea is to keep the secret longer than 48 hours. Like, for the rest of the year. I'm practicing for bigger secrets. One of these years, I want to be the sort of person you could tell about Jimmy Hoffa without worrying it would get out.

20 September, 2005 04:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home